NEW YORK (PRWEB) OCTOBER 30, 2019
80% of skin aging is caused by internal and external aggressors known as the Exposome. Every day, our skin is attacked by Exposome factors like pollution, stress, fatigue, UV damage and so much more. Recently, Neuroscientist, and Vichy Laboratories consulting Dermatologist, Dr. Erin Gilbert, MD, Ph.D., FAAD, teamed with Vichy Laboratories and YourUpdateTV to discuss how to control the effects of the Exposome.
A video accompanying this announcement is available at https://youtu.be/-C4cixaHH1k
The Exposome is the cumulative impact of internal and external aggressors, like pollution, stress, UV exposure, and fatigue, that we are exposed to daily. These Exposome aggressors account for 80% of skin aging and manifest on the skin in different ways, from wrinkles to discoloration to acne. Only 20% of how you age is due to genetics.
Dr. Gilbert always tells her patients – which include A-list models, actors, and fashion/beauty industry insiders – to maintain a healthy, hydrated and well-protected skin barrier. Taking care of the skin barrier, and finding protects to protecting against daily Exposome aggressors is a key element for healthier skin. Here are some tips to remember:
1. Keep your skin hydrated: this is the foundation of healthy skin, so pay extra attention when facing Exposome aggressors that can dry out the skin, such as air travel, temperature changes, and high altitudes.
2. Look for powerful, dermatologist-grade ingredients like Pure Vitamin C, Hyaluronic Acid, Peptides and Retinol. These ingredients can help counteract the harmful effects the Exposome has on the skin by encouraging collagen production, plumping wrinkles and protecting against future damage.
3. Apply SPF with broad-spectrum protection daily, even when indoors, to protect against UV rays, one of the most harmful Exposome aggressors, that causes wrinkles and loss of firmness.
4. Always clean your skin even if you don’t wear make-up to remove impurities from your skin. Pollution is another Exposome aggressor that leaves particles on your skin that can lead to wrinkles, enlarged pores, discoloration or even acne!
5. Stress, diet and lack of sleep are all internal Exposome aggressors that lead to visible signs of aging on the skin – take care of yourself to help achieve strong, healthy skin!